Drawing and Water Media Art Exhibition - FAQs
* Who can participate? This show is open to all members of The Friends of the Yellow Barn Studio. Membership in Friends of the Yellow Barn must be current. You can join by going to https://www.friendsoftheyellowbarnstudio.org/membership-registration
* How do I submit artwork? Friends are invited to submit up to two (2) original artworks which have not been exhibited in a recent Friends’ show. Work must be framed and/or matted under glass or plexiglass. Work submitted must be drawing or water-based media (no acrylic or water-based oil). Mixed Media is accepted with the main focus as drawing or water media.
* What is the process of photographing, naming & uploading artwork? Photograph your work without frame or glass to avoid glare. Artwork title on registration is limited to 30 characters, including space/s.
For each submission you will be required to submit an image of your piece on the online form. Prior to uploading, please rename your image (jpg or jpeg) with your last name and title of artwork (i.e., Smith Spring Sunset.JEPG). Your name must appear within the image file name on the jpeg so that when we post on the gallery, the art will be listed with the correct artist's name. Doing this will enable your work to be tied to your registration information.
NOTE: The image in the gallery will be image of the artwork only (no mat, frame or glass). The dimensions asked for in the registration will be the size of the framed work (i.e., 11x14) in inches.
* Are Awards Given? Best in Show will be selected by People’s Choice for one Friend and one Instructor. Award will be in the amount of $250 each. Voting will be open for one (1) month from the start of the show. Voting for People’s Choice will end on October 5. The artwork of the award winners will be featured on the Gallery website until the close of the show.
* What happens if I make a sale? Sales will be arranged directly between the buyer and the artist. Artist accepts responsibility for arranging sale and delivery of the artwork (or mail) to buyer. The Yellow Barn will not take a commission.
NOTE: When pricing work in registration form, put whole numbers only (i.e. 150) into the price box. No decimal point or dollar sign is allowed. If the price you register bounces, it is likely that you have put in a dollar sign or decimal.
* How does my name appear in the Gallery? The name on your artwork will appear as it does in the registration information you provide. If you wish your middle name or middle initial to be included, please include that under “First Name.” If you have a hyphenated last name, please include the entire last name in the “Last Name” box.
* What if I need to make a change to information on my registration? You may wish to start your registration days ahead to ensure you meet the August 28 deadline. If a correction is needed, please re-submit your registration to reflect changes. The last registration you submit will be considered final and is what will be in the gallery.
* How could I share the event with friends and family? When this exhibit begins, there will be a flier members can use as an invitation and on social media to advertise the show.
* What if my submission doesn't go through? After clicking 'Submit' button, if you are getting a wrong message, please check all mandatory fields. They will be highlighted in red color for you to enter information.
If all fields are properly updated and your submission doesn't go through, close your browser and try again.
Otherwise, for help please contact Lee Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* What are the Show important Dates?
* Registration Opens: August 5, 2020 on www.friendsoftheyellowbarnstudio.com
* Registration Closes: August 28, 2020 at 5pm – no exceptions.
* Show & People’s Choice selection begins: September 5, 2020.
* Show Closes: December 5, 2020.
The Friends of the Yellow Barn Studio.