2020 Members Show Registration
“Thunderous Serenity” Plein air oil, by Elizabeth Wassel
* Who can participate? This show is open to all members of The Friends of the Yellow Barn Studio. Your membership must be current. You may join at: https://www.friendsoftheyellowbarnstudio.org/membership-registration
* How do I submit artwork? Current Friend members may submit one (1) original artwork on submission form online, which has not been exhibited in a previous Friends’ show. All painting, drawing, and mixed media are accepted. Art work must be framed and priced accordingly. Gallery wrapped canvas accepted (1” thick or more, sides painted). Drawing or water media work must be framed under glass or Plexiglas, and matted.
* Are Awards Given? Please see top of Call to Artist page for awards list.
Media Categories for Awards: Oil/Acrylic, Watercolor/Gouache, Drawing, and Mixed Media.
* What is the process of photographing, naming & uploading artwork?
Photograph your work without frame or glass to avoid glare. Artwork title on registration is limited to 30 characters, including space/s.
Submit an image of your piece on the online form. Prior to uploading, please rename your image (jpg or jpeg) with your last name and title of artwork (i.e., Smith Spring Sunset.JEPG). Your name must appear within the image file name on the jpeg so that when we post on the gallery, the art will be listed with the correct artist's name. Doing this will enable your work to be tied to your registration information.
NOTE: The image in the virtual gallery will be image of the artwork only (no mat, frame or glass are accepted on photograph). The dimensions asked for in the registration will be the size of the framed work (i.e., 16 x 20) in inches.
* What happens if I make a sale? Sales will be arranged directly between the buyer and the artist. Artist accepts responsibility for arranging sale and delivery of the artwork (or mail) to buyer. The Yellow Barn will not take a commission.
* Pricing Art work: When pricing work in registration form, put whole numbers only (i.e. 150) into the price box. No decimal point or dollar sign is allowed. If the price you register bounces, it is likely that you have put in a dollar sign or decimal.
* How does my name appear in the Gallery? The name on your artwork will appear as it does in the registration information you provide. If you wish your middle name or middle initial to be included, please include that under “First Name.” If you have a hyphenated last name, please include the entire last name in the “Last Name” box.
* What if I need to make a change to information on my registration? Please start your registration days ahead to ensure you meet the Nov. 16 deadline (5pm). If a correction is needed, please re-submit your registration to reflect changes. The last registration you submit will be considered final and is what will be in the gallery.
* How could I share the event with friends and family? When this exhibit begins, there will be an Invitational Flier members can use as an invitation and on social media to advertise the show.
* What if my submission doesn't go through? After clicking 'Submit' button, if you are getting a wrong message, please check all mandatory fields. They will be highlighted in red color for you to enter information.
If all fields are properly updated and if your submission doesn't go through, close your browser and try again.
Otherwise, for help please contact Pat Choquette at: email@example.com.
* What are the Show important Dates?
Registration Opens: October 12, 2020 on www.friendsoftheyellowbarnstudio.com
Registration Closes: November 16, 2020(5pm). No exceptions, Juried show.
Show Closes: December 12th 2021. By March 1st 2021, the Show will move to our 'Past Events' menu. The Gallery will remain available for 1 year, until the next similar event on December 2021.
The Friends of the Yellow Barn Studio